12/7/11

december booties





I made these December booties as a Christmas gift for Imogen. Monday night I knit the first one and Tuesday night I knit the second. I'm sure those of you who can stay up past 9pm could knit them both in one night.

These are knit with Lark in Kumlien's Gull and the pom-poms add a little pop of color (these are created with Peacock, Leek, Carrie's Yellow and Pomegranate). Oh, and they are for babes: 12-18 months.

Can't wait to give them to her! Maybe I should give them to her as an early Christmas present?? I can't decide. But, there's still time to make these before the holiday if you need a last-minute baby gift.

xo
c

Also available on Ravelry.

11 comments:

French Press Knits said...

These are so incredibly darling- beautiful work!

madder said...

Aw, thank you!

Barb T. said...

I don't have a baby to knit for, but that doesn't mean I can't admire them; they are so cute, but you better give them to Immie now. The way she is growing, they might be snug by Christmas!
I am using the Lark in Kumlien's Gull right now, too. I love this yarn of yours the absolute best!!!!

madder said...

She is growing so fast! Ah, it is so crazy. Maybe I'll give them to her this weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

super cute. she will love them.

meppybn said...

Wondered what those big fat poms were for! cosy tootsies!!

sricker said...

I love the pom poms and would love to knit with Lark

jesba said...

So lovely!

nancy knits said...

your blogs is one of the ones i'm most excited about when my reader tells me you've posted. i love, love, love these booties and can't wait to knit (many) pairs!

nancy.

madder said...

You're so sweet, Nancy! Thanks.

Robin Mitchell Cranfield said...

I made these and they are fantastic. The patterns is well-written and clever. thanks!

http://windyandfriends.blogspot.ca/2012/06/little-pierrot-slippers.html